You’ve probably been told at some point in life to take a probiotic supplement to replace beneficial bacteria after antibiotic therapy or to help with digestion. This smoothie is loaded with strains of “friendly bacteria” and is made with ingredients containing both prebiotic and probiotic properties.
The base of this bowl is Nancy’s Probiotic yogurt. I love this brand because it’s not full of sugar or any weird gums or thickeners. Their products each have more than a dozen broad spectrum strains and one serving contains billions of live probiotics. I used their cottage cheese daily during my natural cancer treatment as part of the Budwig Protocal.
- 1/2 cup Nancy’s Probiotic Yogurt
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 1/3 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup (steamed then frozen) butternut squash
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition vanilla bone broth protein powder
- 2 tsp Terrasoul cacao powder (contains prebiotic properties)
- 1 kiwi
- 1/4 cup Effi Probiotic Granola
Add ingredients in a blender and blend for 2 minutes or until everything is fully combined. Top with cacao, kiwi, and granola. Enjoy!