I was honestly not expecting this recipe to turn out so incredibly delicious. I created one a while back using similar ingredients and it was good, but it wasn’t nearly this good. If you follow my Instagram, then you know most of my recipes contain minimal ingredients and for the most part are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Nothing makes me happier than recreating recipes using better and healthier ingredients, and this recipe was a definite hit in my house!
This is hands down the yummiest banana bread recipe that’s also Paleo-friendly and can easily be made vegan by subbing the eggs for flax eggs.
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic, creamy cashew butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, pink salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan heat cashew butter and coconut oil over low heat until fully melted.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and add in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in melted coconut oil and cashew butter. Add in eggs and whisk.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and add walnut pieces on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool (if you can resist) and enjoy!